Sunday, January 6, 2013

Let it Shine!

I have a few daily flip calendars that really encourage me.  There are 2 calendars on my desk at school, one in my bedroom, and one by our front door.  I love sharing quotes that inspire me.  My daily quote for yesterday was:

"Begin today! No matter how feeble the light, let it shine as best it may. The world may need just that quality of light which you have." ~Henry C. Blinn~

Last year, just before Christmas, I secretly encouraged staff members at my school. For one week, I would leave notes, small treats, and words of encouragement on desks or in office mailboxes. My purpose at the time was to spark renewed interest in our secret elf staff giving for the 2 work weeks before Christmas.  I called myself "the everyday encourager", a reason I chose that as my blog address.  :) At the end of the week, I revealed that I was the one who had been secretly encouraging them that week.  It is fun to be a part of "secret elf missions" before Christmas, but my hope is to be an encouragement throughout the year.  On one of the days, I gave staff members a tea light candle with this phrase taped to it:

"A little light shines brightly when connected to the right source." ~Rebecca Joy~  



I thought of that quote as a reminder to keep my eyes fixed on Jesus...not my circumstances or on others around me.  

I find myself changing...one small step at a time. It sometimes seems easier to encourage others and believe the best for them, while being extremely hard on myself.  I felt like God was whispering the following to me one day as I was washing my hands at work, about to go back to my classroom. I looked myself in the eyes and heard:

"There's something different about you --You're confident and free.  There's a Light all around you! You're becoming who you were called to be!" ~Rebecca Joy~

My prayer is to continue to believe the truth and to live it out in my moments.  When I stumble and fall, I know that God will be there to pick me up.  No matter how dim the light seems at times, stay connected to the Source, and allow Him through you to let it shine! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment