Wednesday, January 23, 2013

A Love Letter from your King

Today's encouragement is for every girl and woman who has ever struggled or is struggling with her identity. May we learn together to be deeply rooted and grounded in our faith in God our Savior, not in this crazy world around us.

A friend let me borrow a really neat book. It reminds me of Jesus Calling, except it does not have a date at the top of each entry. This book is called His Princess: Love Letters from your King, by Sheri Rose Shepherd.  It is filled with love letters from our Father. I was drawn today to this entry, mostly because I saw some of my key words of "light" and "shine".  I wish I could sit across from you, listen to your story, share some of mine, and pray with you! For now, this letter is for you, as if coming directly from the throne room of our Father. He's willing to sit with you and  me. He is our King, and we are His precious daughters, princesses extraordinaire!!  Let's believe it deep within our hearts! This one's for you. <3

"You are the light of the world, like a city on a mountain, glowing in the night for all to see. Don't hide your light under a basket! Instead, put it on a stand and let it shine for all."  
~Matthew 5:14-15~

My princess . . . be My light for the world today. 

I stepped into your darkness so you would shine for Me. Did you know that I have empowered you to light up the lives of everyone around you? You are My light to the world. So walk with Me, and let Me illuminate your life today with My love and My power. Look to Me, and I will make you the bright spot in someone's darkness today. 

Don't hide your light beneath your uncertainties and insecurities.

Spend more time with Me and I will make you glow with a godliness that's irresistible. If you will let Me, I'll make you shine in such a way that you will be My star that points to heaven and brings hope to the hurting.

Love, your King and True Light of the world <3


6 comments:

  1. I love this sooo much! Thank you for sharing. You are a light and inspiration to me. Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am so glad my writing is able to encourage you!

      Delete
  2. Rebecca,

    I am glad to see you are using one of your gifts to bless others. Thank you for brining encouragement and light to those around you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete